Simple But Brilliantly Useful
"As todo apps go, Forgetful is wonderfully spartan" wolfe blog
Stores your text, audio or video reminders / to-do list and keeps you notified as important reminders become due. Record things you need to do or aims/goals you want to achieve instantly and be reminded at any time in the future. View your reminders / todo items in separate Current and Pending lists.
- Create text, audio voice or video reminders / to-do items*
- Reminder now or at a set time and date in the future.
- Set which reminders show up in the red app icon badge, so you remain alerted about important Current reminders and aren't bothered by less important reminders.
- Set important reminders to alert you, even when the app isn't running, using your normal notification sound or one of the included hard to miss alarm sounds.
- Hide individual reminders until they become due. Great for hiding reminders you don't want to see until needed or for you or friends to record messages you'll only get at the time and date set.
- Automatically repeat reminders, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly or annually.
- Email individual reminders, including any recorded audio or video file, to yourself or anyone else.
- Free to use! Install and use all of the features for free. In app upgrade to unlock unlimited reminders (the free version is limited to a maximum of two reminders at a time – try it for free and if you like it please purchase the upgrade).
- A great alternative to calendar events because your reminders remain alerting you until you clear them. Forgetful also makes a great alarm clock!
- Simplifies your life and couldn’t be easier to use.
- No in app ads.
* If your device has a suitable camera you can record video reminders using the front or back camera. If your device has a microphone you can record audio reminders.
Current reminders lists the reminders which are waiting for you to complete and delete.
Pending reminders lists the reminders which are due in the future.
To create a reminder press New, enter your reminder text or alternatively press the microphone button to record an audio reminder or the camera button to record a video reminder (on devices which have a camera supporting video recording). Select the date for the reminder and add it.
Jump To Button
Press repeatedly to quickly set the reminder trigger date using several pre-set options. Setting a reminder to Now causes it to immediately become current.
Press repeatedly to cycle through the available repeat options.
In App Badge
The Forgetful app badge (icon) shows a red count number when there are Current reminders with this setting on (just like the email app badge shows the number of unread messages). A really useful way to remain alerted about important reminders which haven't been cleared, and to avoid being constantly reminded about less important reminders.
Causes a notification message and sound when this reminder becomes current (hits its trigger time and date).
Hide Until Due
When the reminder is added it will vanish until it hits its trigger time and date (it isn't shown in the Pending reminders list). Great for hiding reminders you don't want to see until needed or for you or friends to record messages you'll only get at the time and date set.
Got a feature that would make your life easier? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Forgetful support please click here